Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rental Fleet

I've been trying to build up a rental fleet of reconditioned bikes that people can sign out for short or long term use with no required payment. This has been very well received in that as soon as a bike is ready there is someone waiting to take it away. My concern is that I cannot meet the demand; not for lack of time but for lack of available parts.
We've burned through the stock of recycle parts and have little avenue for replenishing this; if you, or someone you know, has a bike wasting away I would be very happy to pick it up, or any other random parts.

On the moving front:
It's still a little wishy about when exactly moving will take place. I can report that the new space is almost empty now on our side. The facility will continue to be cohabited by us, the CSA Food Bank, and the Stuff Swap. It will take more time to empty out the other side and then I am told renovations start Aug. 1. so hopefully they will be completed quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment